PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT
1. when you visit our Website or our other social media, shop in our stores, subscribe to our mailing list, call our stores, utilise our services, participate in any of our promotional activities, or interact with us in any way, you may choose to provide us with your personal data (“Personal Data”), including but not limited to your name, mailing address, email address, postal code, phone number, credit card numbers and other personal data.
2. you agree that all the Personal Data provided by you to us may be used and retained by us for the following purposes and for such other purposes as may be agreed between you and us or required by any applicable laws and regulations from time to time:
(a) to provide you with our services;
(b) to deliver the goods purchased by you;
(c) to process the transactions between you and us;
(d) to analyse, verify and/or check your credit, payment and/or status in relation to the transactions between you and us;
(e) to carry out data sorting and analysis to enable us to better understand your preference and buying behaviour and to provide services and goods better tailored to your needs, and assist us in selecting goods and services that are likely to be of interest to you;
(f) to carry out our normal management, operation and maintenance of the performance of the services;
(g) to design new, or improve existing, services provided by us or our affiliates to you, and to research for service improvement;
(h) to design marketing strategies;
(i) to carry out investigations of complaints and suspected suspicious transactions;
(j) to prevent or detect crime;
(k) to make relevant disclosures as required by any applicable laws and regulations;
(l) to carry out aggregated behavioral analysis;
(m) to discharge our duties under any applicable laws and regulations;
(n) to carry out any internal control analysis or internal policy-making; and
(o) to satisfy the relevant requirements in our fund raising activities or other commercial transactions.
3. the decision to provide us with your Personal Data is optional. however, if you choose not to provide the requested Personal Data, you may not be able to use some or all of the features of our Website or our services. likewise, other companies also may forward to us additional personal information (such as, for example, names, mailing addresses and email addresses, as well as demographic and other usage information), when we have news or product offerings that may be of special interest to those individuals.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
4. we may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) to (i) our agents, contractors or vendors (“Service Providers”) who are under a duty of confidentiality to us, and who provide administrative, data processing, research and marketing, distribution, telecommunications, shipping, financial, consultancy, professional or other similar services to us to enable us to better fulfill customer orders, manage, store and enhance customer data, and comply with postal regulations; and to (ii) any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to you in connection with a merger, sale or transfer (whether of assets or shares), any of your Personal Data and/or other information which may be collected by us as mentioned herein for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 2 above.
5. when you visit our Website, we may collect more information, whether or not within the scope of Personal Data, including but not limited to your Internet Protocol address (and domain name), the name of the Website directing you, the type and configuration of your browser, your language settings, your geo-location, your operating system, the time/duration of your visit and the pages visited, as well as your clicks, activities and other usage information on our Website. we use such information for understanding how to make our Website more available and user-friendly to our customers.
7. we [use a Service Provider to] send emails that you may have agreed to receive. web cookies are used in those email messages and on our Website to help us measure the effectiveness of those emails and for other analytical purposes. [you can "opt out" of this email cookie at any time by deleting your name from the email mailing list.]
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
8. updating your contact information is quick and easy. just contact us - include your previous and current full name, mailing address, email address and phone number. please understand that updates may take a little time to process.
LINKS TO WEBSITES AND SERVICES
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
10. we cooperate with government and law-enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the applicable laws and regulations. we may disclose your Personal Data and any other information about you to government or law-enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas); to protect the safety, property or rights of us or of any third party; to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity; or to comply with the applicable laws and regulations.
RIGHT OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION
12. you have the right to request access to and correction of your Personal Data held by us. if you wish to access or correct your Personal Data, please contact our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. we have the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any Personal Data access request.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 2/F, Kwok Kee Group Centre, 107 How Ming Street, Kwun Tong, KLN, Hong Kong.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|